Filed Under:  SEO

[Highlights] Glory defy wild weather in A-League

Contributed by on April 26, 2015 at 12:14 am

It also means the club miss a potential opportunity to feature in the Asian Champions League for the first time.

The match was delayed for nearly an hour after Sydney was hit with a massive hail storm that covered the Parramatta Stadium pitch in hailstones.

The man police believe was responsible for lighting the flare was ejected and banned from the stadium, prompting angry clashes in the crowd.

The result saw Glory draw level on points with league leaders Melbourne Victory at the top of the table, but they will not be able to take part in this season’s A-League finals as a result of a Football Federation Australia punishment for breaching the salary cap.

Perth started the stronger and could have opened the scoring when Richard Garcia’s looping header rebounded off the inside of the post.

Andy Keogh got his side out of jail with an ice cold finish into the bottom left corner to silence the rowdy Wanderers supporters and claim back-to-back wins, closing out the year of turmoil in an upbeat fashion. Kerem Bulut fired on goal in the 35’ and then right on the stroke of half time.

Youlley played in the midfield trio that contained Mateo Poljak and Nick Kalmar.

Midfielder Youlley capped an impressive first senior game with the equalizing goal early in the second half. His goal, however, was cancelled out by Wanderers youngster Liam Youlley, who squeezed the ball through a mass of bodies and past Danny Vukovic to record a debut goal and level the scores.

Both sides pressed for the winner and it was Glory who made the breakthrough.

Jamie Maclaren did the damage in the first half with his fourth goal in two games, further distancing himself from the dreaded super sub name tag.

Perth was forced to see out the remainder of the encounter with 10 men after Slovenian Kramar was sent off for a second bookable offence after clumsily brining down Bulut.

Maclaren could have added his second for the night after he was fed a brilliant through ball from Nebo Marinkovic in the 82’, but the young striker’s shot was off target.

Glory continued to look dangerous on the break and went in front on 17 minutes.

The victory was the third against the Wanderers this season.

However, Andy Keogh restored their lead on 66 minutes after excellent work from Josh Risdon, and it proved enough to secure the three points even after Kramar picked up a second booking in the 76th minute.

A flare is lit amongst Wanderers fans during the match between the Wanderers and Perth Glory.

Getty Images </p>
<p>   Perth Glory striker Andy Keogh scored a second-half winner against Western Sydney Wanderers at Pirtek Stadium

Getty Images

Perth Glory striker Andy Keogh scored a second-half winner against Western Sydney Wanderers at Pirtek Stadium